thoughtful

thoughtful

Thursday, October 6, 2011

mommy & me

My sister-in-law and nephew spent the night last night so they could get up early with Bud to go to Disneyland for his birthday.  They get up around 5am, leave by 6 to get there nice and early for breakfast at McDonald's beforehand, and then leave when the park closes at MIDNIGHT. (or later if they check out the shops on the way out which don't close until everyone is gone !)  Crazy... I know !!!  I guess that is how you get your money's worth for the ridiculously high priced tickets.  Brett 's first trip one year ago didn't exactly go well.  Daddy thought it'd be fun to take him on the very dark, very loud and VERY long Pirates ride first.  He started screaming from the moment we got in the boat and by the end, he and I were both in tears and really upset.  Not a great way to start a day... Brett and I ended up leaving after a few hours because everything was terrifying him and he wouldn't even sit in the tea cup that is used strictly for pictures with out screaming.  :[  (I just hate to see him so scared and upset and I knew he wasn't ready to go there period.)  So this is why I stay home with Brett while the others go.

The boys had a lot of fun being wild and crazy all afternoon and we made ground turkey burritos with beans and spanish rice for dinner.  Usually I say "yum !" but something didn't sit well with Brett and me.  He had very runny, burning poo poo before bed and I woke up at 2:30am (after going to bed at almost midnight) and was in and out of the bathroom for a couple hours throwing up.  ugh.  :[  Thankfully, my stomach was empty around 6 am and I was able to finally relax and get about 45 minutes of sleep before little man woke up and started playing with the toys in his bedroom.  (which I can hear loud and clear through the baby monitor... going to have to do some rethinking about the talking toys in there...)  I have a head ache from lack of sleep so I'm trying to keep Mr. Bubba happy today to avoid melt downs and screaming !  He wanted to take off his clothes, so I let him.  Upstairs is more fun than downstairs, so here we are upstairs.  The house is a disaster with toys and clothes scattered everywhere, but do I care ?  Not one bit.  He gave his almost whole pumpkin cookie to the dogs and I *tried* not to care.  (I sure hate when he wastes my yummy cookies.  hehe :)  And because he loves Disney Jr. sooo much, I will not even try to change the channel or he will say "Mickey ????" in the loudest and most pathetic voice he can.  I sure love watching the sameeeeeeee exact episodes every week !

I have a pretty cool feature on my non-smart phone that lets you see what you're going to take a picture of from the inside and outside of the phone at the same time.  It seems to help me get Brett to smile for pictures more when he can see himself and laugh !  He had fun trying on his new hat that his cousin out grew so I took advantage of his good mood for some cute pictures.  Remember him not wanting to wear clothes today ?  It just makes these even better with just a beanie and a diaper.  :]


I can see why he loves looking at himself so much !  He's too dang cute.  ;]



And here are two videos where I tried to get him to dance and "shake his butt".  :]


1 comment:

LeiShell said...

He is so stinkin' cute! I love when kids dance:) Some of our best days are when I let Eli do his own thing and I sit back and enjoy him:)