I was browsing the "My Mommy Circle" group I am apart of on Facebook about two weeks ago and saw a post about someone asking if other moms had tips to lose the last five pounds of baby weight. So, since I am desperate to lose the last 15-20lbs of baby weight so I can fit into ALL my clothes again, I started reading through the comments. One mom posted about the "Paleo" diet/lifestyle. So I immediately googled it and looked into it. It's also referred to as the "Cave Man Diet", because you are only eating foods that (yep, you guessed it) cave man ate ! No sugar, white flour, dairy, processed foods, etc. I was a little hesitant to keep researching it once I saw the no dairy because I could drink milk with every meal of the day. I absolutely L.O.V.E. milk !! Anyway, after looking at some recipes that this mom posted about loving, I was totally interested.
I found a book called "Everyday Paleo" by Sarah Fragoso and watched the little movie clip they provided on Amazon.com. This book includes over 100 recipes, recipes planned out for a month from breakfast through dinner each day, a shopping list for each week so there is almost no thinking involved, motivational words from the writer about their positive experience and complete lifestyle change, workout routines for the mom who can't get to the gym, and Sarah even posted her before and after pictures of herself in a six month period. She lost ten pounds in the first month and is so toned, fit and tiny that you would never guess she had kids and about thirty pounds of extra weight shed if you didn't know it !
(You can't really click to look inside, that's just the picture from amazon. :)
- So I bought it ! What could be easier when you don't have to figure out shopping lists or meals and have them planned out for a whole month with color pictures for each and every recipe ?! :] Bud is at the store as I type this with the week one shopping list. We are going to try this for 30 days and see how we look and feel. We stopped drinking soda two weeks ago so that we wouldn't be dealing with caffeine withdrawals as we started this new eating plan. I'm a little worried about my milk cravings at night after dinner (who needs dessert when you have a glass of ice cold milk ?!) but I was told that you get enough calcium with dark leafy greens so hopefully I won't even crave/miss my dairy. :] I will be sure to post updates and favorite recipes as the month goes on, and will be sure to post before and after pics... eventually... if it ends up working out for us. Bud and I both need to lose about 20lbs for health reasons and just to feel better about our appearances. After he injured his back a year ago, he put on about 15-20 pounds and then discovered his umbilical hernia when it popped out from the extra weight. Now that he's had that repaired and it's healed completely, he can start working on losing the weight. :] His physical therapy will also help and make it easier for him to exercise.
We are both very excited to have almost NO junk food in the house whatsoever. (Exxxxxxcept the box of Choco Tacos I bought at Target today as a farewell to junk food tonight. ;) I have only kept some crackers for Brett and a few other things for him to snack on since he is so picky. I really want to get him eating the healthy food completely, though, because we've taught him too many bad habits of running to junk when we are too tired or lazy to cook. I'm also totally looking forward to no more bloating from dairy and processed foods !!!!!!! Wish us luck ! ;]

4 comments:
That's awesome! Can't wait to see how it goes. People always ask me how I'm so skinny and,I think its because I'm not a snacker and I eat balanced meals. It works! And I don't care for milk! Weird, huh? I eat it cereal and that's about it. I'm not even much of a yogurt person. I should look into that book for my hubby too! He's naturally a bigger guy but he tends to eat poorly( when he gets home he scavenges).
you are lucky you aren't a snacker. lol we totally are, especially since we're home all the time and we typically snack on whatever brett's eating !!! i've always loved milk and cheese !! :D my mom and grandma didn't eat or drink much dairy, so they both have/had very weak bones and i don't want to get that way. i may steal sneak a glass of milk a couple times a week just to make sure i am getting plentyyyyyyy of calcium.
wow... still*
That's one great reason to drink milk:)
Post a Comment