Fall is my second favorite time of the year, but a close runner up to Winter. It cools down, the leaves change to beautiful colors and you can vacuum your house and not feel like you just took a shower afterward.... that's probably just me, though ! Baked pumpkin seeds with a little sea salt and NOT garlic/onion powder like someone did last year. (YUCK.. btw, it WASN'T me.) It's so great to be able to open a few windows and have such a cool breeze come through to cool the entire house down. Putting the a/c into hibernation and watching the temperature drop into the low 60's makes us all let out a sigh of relief to know the awful heat of Summer is gone ! But my absolute favorite part of cooler weather is being able to wear my Uggs !!!!! They are like Heaven for my feet. Literally ! I have so many foot problems that I really only wear Uggs and flip flops through out the year. Especially after having Brett, my feet just ache when I wear dressier shoes and I get blisters on my heels from tennis shoes. It's okay though, as long as I have my Uggs. :] My hubby even has a pair and that's pretty much all he wears out in fall/winter, too !!! Now we just need to get Brett a pair (fake ones, though..) so we can all match. How cute would that be !?
The upcoming holidays are the best, including Halloween, because Brett just looked SO adorable in his costume last year and we enjoyed eating the best pieces of candy out of his bag ! Thanksgiving and Christmas really bring back a lot of great memories I have from spending them with my family in Arizona year after year. Now that my grandma is gone, it's up to us to make new memories, which now include Brett, and to share with him the pictures and stories we have from years of being spoiled and loved. I hope to make his childhood memories of holidays as wonderful as mine were !
Brett last year on Halloween... :] Look at that face !!!!

1 comment:
Yeaa for fall! ugh now if i just had the $500 i need for new riding boots I'd be set!
Post a Comment