This is my first post and I'm going to try this out and see if it works for my family members to keep updated on our little family. I can't upload pictures from my nice expensive camera to my computer anymore due to it not wanting to recognize the USB ports any longer. (It's like 10 years old and was refurbished when I got it ! It keeps on chugging, thankfully, I just wish I could load pictures. ...wimper wimper...) So I have to wait until I am down at my mother-in-law's house to upload them to her computer every couple weeks. Thank goodness for cell phone cameras, even if they aren't as great. :]
Well, as most of you know, Brett finally had the guts to climb out of his crib (so depressing.... I thought for sure we were good for another 6 months..) so to keep him safe and not hurt himself by climbing out, we turned his crib into a toddler bed. His face lit up like it was Christmas morning when he realized he can jump in and out as often as he wanted to ! It's been going okay, some nights are better than others, but we had to start locking his door from the outside to prevent potential accidents, house alarm going off, etc. One night he got up about 1 am, turned on the hall light, went downstairs and turned all the lights on, put his blanket and sippy cup on the table, turned on the TV, wore momma's sunglasses while having himself a one man party downstairs, and then came up and opened our door to invite us to join in. Had he opened the back door, our house alarm would have gone off immediately and we may or may not have noticed because of the fans in our room to block out noise and because we're both so groggy and tired if we get woken up in the middle of the night ! Wouldn't that have been awesome to have the cops show up, not be able to hear them and have them possibly come in our house through the back door ?! I'm thinking no.
Anyway...this past week, he has started a daily routine at both nap time and bed time if he's just not quite ready for dream land. Once we change him, put him in bed and leave the room, he jumps up and turns his lamp on, unplugs both of his fans, takes the cover off the front of his stand up fan so he can spin the blades manually ("weeeee !" is what he says while doing it), and mixes up his diapers/unopened wipe packages with his drawer of shorts/pants. Sometimes he even goes as far as throwing everything into his hamper, so we can't even keep his dirty clothes in the hamper anymore or they will get mixed up with the clean ones ! Then when we come in to put it all back together and get him back in bed, he points to his big fan and says "it's off !", as if we couldn't tell. :] At least we have his closet securely closed and he can't get it open. THAT would be a nightmare if he got into it and started going through tubs and boxes of old clothes and toys !!
Downstairs, his new favorite things to do are climb onto the counter/island and play with the phone or push buttons on the alarm panel. He actually set it the other day and I didn't realize it until I heard it beeping faster and ran over to turn it off. One of the doors hadn't closed fast enough for the sensor's liking, so it showed a door was open and the alarm would have blared and scared the heck out of me had I not noticed the beeping. Thanks for the mid-day pick me up, little man ! :] He also climbs over the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs very quietly so we won't hear him (as opposed to him yanking it down and making a loud clatter when it hit the floor like he used to do..) and either runs upstairs immediately or shouts "bu-bye !" and then runs upstairs with a big smile on his face when we get up to bring him back down. I have never been a patient person and he sure pushes my limits on a daily basis ! Sometimes I just throw my face into my hands and tell myself "it WILL get better !!" and Brett walks over to me and asks "what happened ? you okay ?" It's very hard not to laugh and feel better instantly with that. I started calling him my bi-polar child because one minute he is happy and laughing and the next he's having a fit and throwing his toys because I won't give him another "hop" (otter pop) or because we are out of apples and that's what he wants to eat ! I know he really isn't and this is just him being a "terrible two" child... I just wish we could understand each other better to avoid so many tantrums throughout the day. It really makes me feel awful when I can't understand him and he can't understand why I keep saying no to things. Can we speed up time ? Just a few months ? In church, he gets time outs for not wanting to listen to the story. It makes me laugh each time I hear that because I know that's my little Bubba who never wants to sit still or be told what to do !! Gotta love him for being so active and curious, I just wish I could keep up with all his overflowing energy. :]
Sorry that was so long and I applaud you if you made it this far, but I think I'm caught up on things going on with Brett. :] I will try and update this at least once a week and I will send out emails to family members to remind you to check out a new post ! I think some people on Facebook may be getting tired of seeing so many posts about Brett... not that I care. ;] I could talk about my little love forever ! This is his "goober face" that he loves to do. :]


No comments:
Post a Comment