Here are a couple of pictures of a fire that was about 100 yards from our house last week. Pretty scary !!! I had just gotten home from Target and thought I smelled smoke but figured it was from one of the other CA fires going on. Bud got home from his uncle's house about five minutes later and came running in saying there was a fire outside. He immediately called 911 and was the first one to report it. Then he ran back inside, slid on his work boots, grabbed two shovels and took off over the wall to go throw dirt on the flames. There were a couple of other cars that had driven into the brushy area beside our neighborhood to try and help out so Bud gave one guy a shovel and they worked quickly to try and put out the smaller of the two bushes on fire. Thankfully, the fire department showed up about three or four minutes later and worked on the larger bush. It took about 15 minutes to get the fire totally out and not smoking any more. The fireman thanked the men who were throwing dirt on it, including my hubby, and were very appreciative. It's the fourth or fifth fire in our area (Hesperia) in the last month and a half so I am looking forward to Winter coming so we can get out of fire season ! I never want to see flames from my house again !!!




1 comment:
ohh my gosh! I found your adorable blog! yessss!
the fire is awful but i can't help but be happy i now know where to stog (stalk+blog=stog?) you!
Post a Comment