Saturday night there was a super moon out and I had to try and get some good shots. I have a very nice camera but have yet to actually look through the manual for directions on how to use all the settings after two and a half years of owning it. Normally, I just get a round bright circle when I attempt to take a picture of the moon so I googled "how to take a picture of the moon" and found a website with some helpful tips. I couldn't figure out how to change the shutter speed but did manage to change the other settings it suggested--problem is, I have to change them back ! I thought it would reset when I shut off the camera.... nope. Anyway, I am pretty proud of the pictures I got of the moon before sunset and after ! I didn't change any settings until the night shot so I wonder how much better the sunset shot could have been. Also, a tripod was a must for the night shot so I was very excited to find the one we rarely used with our camcorder and my camera fit perfectly on it !
Look at all those craters on our beautiful moon !!! I need to figure out how to zoom in on a photo and save it zoomed in. It looks so awesome zoomed in on my camera screen and on the computer, especially. :] I hope to have an even better lense some day so I can get even closer !
1 comment:
For a long time I used the automatic settings..but once you branch out to the manual ones and get a feel for how to control things(there is so much more you can do!) You won't want to change them back. I can give you some pointers on how I branched out. But you did a great job capturing the moon. A tripod always helps when you are using a slow ss and no flash. So smart on you for that one!
Post a Comment