thoughtful

thoughtful

Sunday, November 20, 2011

a must for a mom

So my friend Jen posted this story on her blog and I read it while practically bawling my eyes out (more like actually did bawl my eyes out through almost the entire thing).  At first, I wasn't going to read it because I saw how long it was and I'm making cookies and wanting to get in the shower so I can relax while Brett is napping.  After my curiosity got the best of me, I started reading.  This woman completely detailed the day she gave birth to her second daughter so vividly, and with the pictures to go with it, I felt like I was there in the room with them.  I could feel every emotion she described and cried for/with her.  After reading this story, especially the part at the end about whining over dirty grout and wanting wood floors prior to the birth, it honestly made me feel like the worst parent ever.  Not even going to lie - I did !  I still do.  That, along with the story Jen also posted about eating one dinner a week of just beans and rice to be reminded of how lucky we are, really makes me want to change some things in my life.  (Thanks, Jen !  Keep the awesome blog posts coming !!! :)  I may have to re-read this story from time to time to remind myself again, that life could be much harder and I am very lucky with all that I have.  My son is perfect, (perfectly terrible ;) we have a roof over our heads, food on the table, two vehicles that work (usually) - one of which is paid off, loving pets that we have a ton of fun with and supportive families.  If you are a mom, or even if you're not, please take time to read this story (it's fairly long) and see how it affects you afterward.

amazing story :]

3 comments:

LeiShell said...

Oh I agree! When I read her blog I was like every mom needs to know this story! It was amazing! Being more thankful is what this whole month is supposed to be about..but we all get lost in things we want...it is life. I too am going to reread this when I find myself becoming too selfish or ungrateful.

jen fuller said...

when i read that story i didnt think to post it a few weeks earlier because it was so long, but it kinda stayed on my mind so i had to share. glad you guys read it and it made a difference to you :)

Jamie Lynn said...

i am glad you posted it ! i had my aunt read it and she really loved it and sent it to a friend of hers who has a down syndrome child. i also got my mom to read it tonight while she's here and she liked it as well. :] i think it'd be hard not to ! that little girl is SUPER cute with her blonde pig tails she sports now !!! they look like two happy, spoiled little girls. (in a good way, of course !) :]